ajdovščina
      how to reach us
      more about ajdovščina
      climate
      economy
      villages nearby

dediščina
      history
      natural heritage
      religious heritage
      archaeological heritage
      cultural heritage
      memories
      important personalities
      stories and legends
      customs

doživetja
      walking trips
      sightseeing
      sports activities
      wandering

okusno
      restaurants
      tourist farms
      traditional country feast
      wine cellars
      traditional dishes

gostoljubno
      accomodation
      mountain huts

koristno
      tourist information
      tourist brochures
      local guiding
      other useful information
domače
      wine
      fruit
      home made
      craftsmen
      souvenirs



utrinki
utrinki
društva
utrinki
Turist Information Centre Ajdovščina
Cesta IV. Prekomorske 61 A
5270 Ajdovščina

tel.: +386 5 36 59 140
e-pošta

Schedule:
Oct-Apr:
mon - fri: 8.00 - 16.00
sat: 8.00 - 12.00

May-Sept:
mon - fri: 10.00 - 18.00
sat: 8.00 - 12.00



villages nearby

Gojače - Malovše

Elderly people and the chronicle say that the first inhabitants of the village were gipsies, who used to tend a flock of sheep on a nearby meadow called the Gojače Meadow. Later on, the meadow was granted to the village of Gojače by the Austrian Empress Marie-Thérèse and the small shepherd huts grew slowly into a community. The village was supposedly named after the sheep shepherds, who are in Slovene referred to as “gonjači”. Eventually another village sprang up nearby, the village of Malovše. Its name originates from the word phrase “malo še”, meaning “just a little bit “, which was commonly used by the sheep shepherds in those times.
In Zgoni, a place nearby, is an archaeological site, testifying about the sheep breeding back then.

Malovše still has some very well preserved houses with elements of the Littoral architecture, dating back in the 17th century. A small church stands in the centre of the village and was built in 1767. The original church as well as the new one  was consecrated to the doctors St. Cosmus and St. Damian, and is believed to be built on the Kozmac Hill, south of the village of Malovše. This was discovered and proved to be true, while digging the sand nearby. The present two churches in Gojače and in Malovše are of great significance as they house the altarpiece and the painting of the Stations of the Cross, made by the local painter Anton Cebej.

The well preserved chapel, dating from 1729, stands between the two villages and separates them into two. In 1985 it was renewed and the oil painting inside was replaced by the mosaic, which is one of the most magnificent mosaics in the Vipava Valley.  

The skeleton burial ground in Gojače plays an important role for studying and researching the settlement of the Vipava Valley before and after the arrival of Slavs. Malovše has a well preserved house with stone stairs in front and a balcony known as “gank” placed on three uneven arcades.

A strong bond between the two villages represents the meeting hall, more precisely, the cultural home, which was built round 1930 by Italians. Back then, primary school was located in that building, but soon after the war the school lessons ended and the building was altered into a cultural home.
The present Local Community Council started renovating the cultural home in 2003. The local community holds various events and social activities, where young as well as old can associate and have fun. The cultural home is a joint meeting room of both villages and unites 151 inhabitants of Gojače and 113 inhabitants of Malovše.  

Local Community of Gojače and Malovše
Chairman: Mr. Benjamin Purger
Address: Malovše 34, 5262 Črniče, Slovenia
Mobile Phone No.: ++386 40 149 893
E-mail:











iskalnik